It isn't every day you have the opportuntiy to get a free, high quality beat online... Seize this moment, download our free beat for this week and send us what you've done with it to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. It is one of my latest SRP faves..with soul, depth and body it has all the potential in the world. Make it your own!
TONIGHT at 8pm the voting ends and StreetRacer Productions will announce this year's Underrated Rapper! The winner will be receiving 7 exclusive beats, a free mixtape hosting, and distribution for his next project with our supplier at tunecore.com! Not a bad deal right? But, to make this a fair contest we need your vote, and your friends vote...and your friends' friends vote! All you need to do is click HERE, and listen to the top 5 and vote for your favorite. Spread the word!!!
- Take the Fast Lane -
It's here! The Underrated Rapper Contest came out this morning and is calling on all you talents to step up to the plate and show us what you've got. We want to celebrate the tremendous amount of rappers out there that aren't given a chance to be heard. Anyone/any group is eligible to join in on the opportunity! To compete go to www.therealstreetracers.com and download a beat that you will make magic to... There will only be one winner! Read more about the rules HERE.
Are you the next Underrated Rapper?
- Take The Fast Lane -
We know you are out there..talented and unique, so do not miss this opportunity to put yourself to the test and grow! The Underrated Rapper Contest starts Monday, April 1st. For more information and rules check out our website and Facebook page. In the mean time...part of our StreetRacer Team has been on the look out....
- Take The Fast Lane -
Are you an underrated artist? Are you devoting your energy and time to your love for music, but no one is listening? Well, here is your chance to be heard. StreetRacer Productions is hosting a contest for you, "The Underrated Rapper". Take a look at the video below and find out what it takes to compete..this is something you do not want to miss out on! http://youtu.be/MtdcmNaC9-Q
- Take The Fast Lane -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFD4AFTA4E4 Over the past couple of months, Streetracer Productions has been producing for the one and only E Dott - hip hop phenomena, combining clever rap lyrics with soulful vocals. The collaboration and hard work has resulted in 3 Streetracer beats on his latest mixtape: "Letter of Intent". Tomorrow (January 11th!) the mixtape will be released, and available for free download, on Datpiff.com as well as featured on HipHop Since 1987.
It has been an honor working along side E Dott and his inspiring team. From here on there is no where to go but forward. Do your ears a favor tomorrow by hitting the download button!
Stay tuned for more about E. Dott...
Have you ever felt like no matter what you do, something is missing? The puzzle is just never quite complete... Well, I am happy to tell you that StreetRacer Productions has found a missing puzzle piece, one that goes by the name of Marty Marr. For those of you who remember, Mr. Marty has already made a small dent with StreetRacers about a month ago with the track "Do It". Today, he is an official StreetRacer - a promising music producer and engineer, with a unique story. I couldn't be more excited to share it with you!
When and how did you start engineering/producing music?
- I got into recording music when I was 11. I'm 20 now, so that makes for about 9 years of experience. But my dad got me into it. He needed someone to record his commercials for radio and had me learn. At the same time, I was getting into music and so I started recording tracks whenever the studio wasn't in use.
What have you been doing prior to becoming a StreetRacer?
- I just recently graduated from IAR in New York, I was interning at Kaleidoscope Sound for a minute, doing live sound and recording with other artists in the South Jersey area.
Who has influenced you musically?
- Definitely Kanye West. I see a lot of innovation from him and always try to do the same when I'm producing. Also, MGMT is something I listen to when I need to explore boundaries.
What makes you want to become a StreetRacer?
- The fast life. Haha, StreetRacer Production is so focused and organized. Everyone has a part to play. Everyone builds off of the others' success. I figured out that I should be around people that have the same goals as myself.
How did you get your name, "Marty Marr"? - it's really cool and original!
- Thanks! It really just came as a nickname. My real name is Martin and for some reason people started calling me Marty. I wish I had a cooler story for this aha!
Could you tell me a little bit about your favorite music memory?
- I think my favorite music memory was the first day I interned at Kaleidoscope Sound. I didn't sleep the night before. I was anxious and I didn't want to oversleep. I spent the whole day trying to pick up on the routine of cleaning and making coffee (and trying not to fall asleep). But by the end of the day, the chief engineer asked me to come into the control room. When I heard the music, it reminded me why I was there in the first place. I love music !
[soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/46753702" iframe="true" /]
Welcome to the StreetRacer team!
The creativity is flowing and the beats are flying left and right StreetRacer friends! I would like to emphasize that a new super star beat has been released, produced by our very own Wala Beatz. Check it out at therealstreetracers.com! But that's not all, something salty has come our way... Yes, salty. I have a confession to make. I am a hopeless salt and pepper lover... Are you like me; the one at the dinner table who always reaches for the salt and pepper shaker? It's almost like a natural instinct. Now I sound like a crazy person ranting on about the two inseparable spices..but my point happens to be a valid one. Our StreetRacer producer, Waju Beats has been inspired by this mundane yet metaphoric concept of salt and pepper..black and white, opposites attracting and complimenting one another. One might call it togetherness. Take a listen..and hopefully you too will smile the next time you reach for the salt.
[soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/49288155" iframe="true" /]